Peer review of French 256: Intermediate Oral French

Pod3(https://french256.opened.ca/)

Chloe Yao V00932861

The design of the website is very concise, and the summary of learning resources is noticeably clear. It is also extremely attractive. It makes students extremely interested in learning basic French. I am interested in the two activities mentioned in the introduction. The first one is for two. A French film is dubbed, and the second is that students play the roles of witnesses and detectives in a detective drama written by a tutor, which is incredibly attractive. You can feel the obvious interaction in the first section of the study. The instructor will interact with the students one-on-one through the dialogue in the textbook.

And the dialogue will be truly diverse. The second part of the study is mainly group discussion, students can freely choose the topics they want to discuss, which can greatly enhance the communication between students. It also laid the foundation for the next part of the activity. Students will not be embarrassed in the next activities.

The third and fourth parts are two interesting activities, dubbing the film and the detective game. First of all, dubbing is very interesting, and secondly, students can intuitively feel the difference in the pronunciation of spoken language, which is a good way to learn foreign languages. The second detective game will be a particularly good way to guide students in oral communication. Because students must win the game through communication.

This course is very interactive and interesting. But I am more worried about the implementation of this course, because for movies, there are many difficult sentence patterns and simple sentence patterns in the movie. I hope that in this teaching, I can more clearly indicate the segments that need dubbing. For the fourth part of the detective game, I also hope that it can be introduced in more detail on the learning webpage, because in general, the detective game is more complicated, and complicated information exchange is very difficult for students who are just learning French. Because everyone may only say a few words. Then this has a great impact on the progress of the game.